In contrast to traditional marketing research firms, Archetype Discoveries Worldwide uses a unique blend of biology, cultural anthropology and psychology to discover the hidden cultural forces that pre-organize the way people behave toward a product, service or concept.
Our unique methodology allows us to Discover the Unconscious Code or Cultural Archetype for a given product, service or concept. This research gives us deep insight into consumer behavior, and ultimately, it gives us the ability to influence buyer decisions.
“Once you know the Code, you understand WHY people do what they do, and how best to appeal to their reptilian needs.”
Dr. G. Clotaire Rapaille
Drawing on his academic background in psychology, including early research work on treating autistic children, and over 30 years of experience working with leading global companies, Dr. Rapaille has designed a very unique approach to marketing and brand psychology.
Dr. Rapaille’s approach builds on the Jungian concept of archetype by giving the latter a cultural dimension.
Indeed, Discovering a Cultural Archetype allows us to uncover consumers’ unspoken and unarticulated needs and to discover the active forces behind behaviors.
Our methodology has been used by 50 of the world’s Fortune 100 companies, many of which are recurring clients.
Dr. Rapaille and his team have a proven record of success, as witnessed by the discovery of over 25 codes for P&G, among others. Noteworthy projects include the creation of the PT Cruiser for Chrysler, and conceptualizing Boeing’s Dreamliner plane.
Through application of our research and methodology, you will be given a new set of glasses with which to view the world.
Contact us +1-917-513-1723 to see how we can make your brand grow.
A Full Discovery is a unique approach to uncovering the unspoken and unarticulated needs of individuals and to discover the active forces behind certain behaviors.
Why do organizations like AT&T explore the Archetype of quality; Seagram’s, the Archetype of whiskey; P & G, the Archetype of mouthwash; Security Pacific Bank, the Archetype of a bank; and the French Government, the Archetype of nuclear energy?
Because they want to gain the competitive edge of knowing the Archetype associated with their activity.
When you know the Archetype, you suddenly have the key for unlocking the meaning in what people say and do. With this information, you can understand why consumers and stakeholders react to your messages as they do.
When your organization decides to perform an Archetype Study, you will gain:
- Understanding – of the unspoken needs of your customer.
- Knowledge – of the unconscious code related to your product, the “Logic of Emotion”. You know the consumers’ unconscious language. You speak ”Archetype.”
- Ownership – Within your organization, the Archetype Managers, the Core Team, and the Archetype Team, own the results. They made the discovery, did the presentation. They are the experts.
- Alignment – Your staff now all speak the same language, and they understand it at the gut level. They know the unconscious meaning of the words they use; they share and bring into awareness the Logic of Emotion.
- Team Building – One of the results of your ownership and alignment is to create a team, which is highly motivated to use the knowledge of the Archetype, and to succeed in doing so. The relationship between your Product Managers and the Advertising Agency, for example, is transformed.
- A Plan of Action – The purpose of the study is not to produce a report or a book, but to learn a language, and to use it. The Action Plan becomes a living thing. Before the end of the third phase, the staff starts using some of the findings and we usually have success stories before the end of the ten Imprinting Groups.
- Coaching – and permanent support from the Archetype Studies team. You are the Champions; we are the Coaches.
- Short-Term Results – which you can measure. Getting the rest of your organization behind the implementation of the code in your marketing strategy.
- Long-Term Vision – of what you have to do to reach out to consumers in way that is on code.
- Answer to the Question: What business are we in?
- Integrated Strategy
- Consistency with the Archetype
Most of the time people have no awareness relating to their subconscious behaviors, and the reason behind why they make choices. This is why we need to define a process that allows us to access that information.
What people do, how they relate to any given topic is pre-organized by the unconscious structure that has been imprinted at an early age. This is the reason behind the so-called Imprinting Session.
Imprinting Sessions are specifically designed to activate the mind’s reference systems and to reveal the hidden code that gives access to these systems.
This hidden code is the “Reptilian Hot Button”, which is at the root of what guides our subconscious decision-making processes.
A Syndicated Discovery is created when several companies join forces in the Archetype Discovery Process to achieve a breakthrough in understanding the Code of a given subject.
This approach yields a synergistic learning environment, facilitated by our team, which allows participants to gain insight on industry relevant communication challenges and areas of opportunity.
Together, we will create a strategy for your company to achieve results by communicating on code.
Being part of the Discovery Team means you will have ownership of the Discovery and its results. Equipped with the correct tools, you will have the capacity to implement this strategy in your organization, becoming the in-house champions of the initiative.